Manual installation of WordPress
Tips : Choose host that using Cpanel, WordPress installation can be done in just a few clicks.
- Steps 1 – Download the installation file from http://wordpress.org/download/ by clicking on “Download.zip” or “Download.tar.gz”. This way you will have the latest stable release of the script in your computer.
- Steps 2 – Upload it in public_html or www folder of your account. You can do that via ftp with a client like FileZilla or via Control panel. This way, after the installation is completed, the file script will appear once your write something like www.yourdomain.com. Or you can create a subfolder there and upload the file in it. The WordPress installation will be accessible by something like: www.yourdomain.com/subfolder
- Steps 3 – Extract the files. Use of your control panel file manager to extract the files. The other option is to extract the files to your computer and then upload the content to the desired folder via FTP.
- Steps 4 – Create a MySQL database and create a user for it. Make sure you add the user to the database access list.
- Steps 5 – Rename wp-config-sample.php to wp-config.php and edit it. Fill in your database connection details in the following lines:
define(‘DB_NAME’, ”); // The name of the database
define(‘DB_USER’, ”); // Your MySQL username
define(‘DB_PASSWORD’, ”); // …and password
- Steps 6 – Open www.yourdomain.com/where_wordpress_is_extracted/wp-admin/install.php in your browser. This should setup the tables needed for your blog. If there is an error, double check your wp-config.php file, and try again.
- Steps 7 – The installation procedure is finished. Write down the username and the password, because you are going to need them to log.