MODX is a free, open source content management system and web application framework for publishing content on the world wide web and intranets. MODX is licensed under the GPL, is written in the PHP programming language, and uses the MySQL database.
Additional MODX features include:
- Graphical web-based installer.
- Supports PHP 4.3.11 and above.
- Supports WYSIWYG rich-text editors.
- Its Manager application works cross-browser and cross-platform, including Firefox, Safari, and Internet Explorer on Windows, Mac OS X (Firefox and Safari), and Linux (Firefox).
- Can be installed under IIS, Apache, Lighttpd, Hiawatha, Cherokee, nginx, and Zeus web servers.
- Can be deployed “to the cloud” via Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud EC2.
- Supports any Ajax library, including jQuery, MooTools, ExtJS, and Prototype.
- Recursive parser for nested functionality.
- Complete control of all metadata and URL structure for Search Engine Optimization (SEO) purposes.
- Object-oriented core code.
- Model-view-controller compliant.
- Role-based permissions for the Manager.
- Ability to customize the Manager on a per-deployment basis.
- Ecommerce integration via Foxy Cart.
External links :-