“What is Metatrader hosting (VPS)?”
A VPS is basically another computer running on a hosted server with more reliable connection and on 24/7. You interact with it in the same way you would with a normal Windows®-based desktop on your PC or laptop. The only difference is, you don’t need to keep your computer running at home 24/7, and you don’t need to rely on your internet or power connection in order for the VPS to keep running. That is taken care of by the VPS host.
All you need to do is open an account, log in to your VPS, and set up your EA like you normally would on your home computer. You can also set up any other trading platform on your VPS. Then, disconnect and go about your normal day, safe in the knowledge that you can turn off your home computer without missing a trade!
“Why Metatrader hosting and not any VPS hosting?”
Metatrader specific hosting has many advantage over normal VPS hosting :-
- The VPS host knows how important the metatrader software up and running during trading hours and thus they will never perform any maintenance during trading hour.
- Most Metatrader VPS hosting comes with Metatrader client terminal pre-installed.
- There will be no web server running on the same shared server and thus traffic is unlikely to spark.
- The servers are usually close to central trading system and your order will execute much faster compare to home or any other web VPS hosting.
- You probably get discount when ordering/rent certain EA (Expert adviser) via the VPS host.
- Most importantly, the hosts knows what is Metatrader and support will be much easier.
I have tried this metatrader VPS hosting, instance setup. affordable price and most importantly, reliable. from $30/month. Check it out.