IIS 7 hosting.
Internet Information Server 7.0 (IIS 7) is the next release of Microsoft’s flagship web server product. IIS 7 provides a secure, easy to manage platform for developing and reliably hosting Web applications and services.
IIS 7 is a major enhancement to the Windows Web platform and plays a central role in unifying Microsoft’s Web platform technologies—ASP.NET, and Windows Communication Foundation Web services.
IIS 7 in Windows Server 2008 gives Web developers the ability to rapidly build more compelling Web solutions.
Key Features :-
- IIS 7.0 – Security – Built on the security of IIS6, IIS7 takes the security of the web server even further with built-in request filtering, rules-based URL authorization support, powerful form-based authentication, and absolute attack surface control.
- IIS 7.0 – Modular Architecture – IIS 7.0 is factored into more than 40 feature modules that can be independently installed on the box.
- IIS 7.0 – Extensibility – IIS7 enables developers to extend the Web server in many more ways. The IIS7 core web server features are built using a new set of public Web server APIs that all developers can use to extend, replace or add functionality to the web server. These APIs are available as both native Win32 APIs as well as managed .NET Framework APIs. Developers can also take advantage of IIS7’s extensibility of event logging, configuration, and administration tool feature-sets.
- IIS 7.0 – Unified Configuration – IIS7 provides developers and administrators a unified configuration system for storing all IIS and ASP.NET settings in a single XML format and includes a set of managed code and scripting APIs for accessing configuration for the entire Web platform. This new configuration system supports distributed configuration files, which can be stored along with Web site or application content. Web site and application configuration can now be stored in web.config with ASP.NET configuration, and be deployed with content.
- LINQ – The LINQ (Language Integrated Query) Project is a set of extensions to the .NET Framework that include language-integrated query, set, and transform operations. LINQ extends Visual Basic and C# with native language syntax for queries and provides class libraries.