There are literally thousands of websites to get Free web hosting service. Most probably you already have one by now. Are you happy using it? Do you wish you could remove the compulsory advertisement banner?
There a number of reasons why you should not use free web hosting. If you only have a personal website for friends or family, than a free website is fine. However, if you are trying to sell a product or attract people to your website, it is a bad idea. Here is why :-
- Free Web hosting have no guarantee. They may be here today gone tomorrow.
- Free web hosting usually put ads on their website, making your website look like an advertising medium for who knows what product.
- You may be given a long sub-domain for free, but who is going to remember the long domain name. Some does offer you to host a .COM domain but you have register or transfer the domain to them at $99/year. That would cost more than any of these cheap hosts.
- A personalized business domain name is much easier to remember.
- If I am interested in your service or product, and you have a free website, I am assuming that you are not offering a serious product or service.
Web Hosting is much cheaper than it used to be, check out the top 10 hosting list. You also get tons and tons of options with the plans these days.