In this blog I will give you an overview of what a VPS (Virtual Private Server) hosting is and what Reseller hosting account is:
Reseller Hosting :
Reseller hosting is actually quite similar to shared hosting, but it offers more options and features in their control panel. They have a control panel called WHM (Web host manager). Here are some of the pros and cons.
- All resources on the server are shared with all users (or resellers). If the server has 4GB ram, you can utilise it.
- If you have a “bad neighbor”, your sites will be crashed together with all other users (entire servers)
- The good thing is as a reseller, you do not have to know much about maintaining a server. You can act like a hosting company.
Virtual Private Servers (VPS):
Virtualization is not a new technology. In fact it has been around for many many years. How does a VPS work? A VPS is a virtual private environment, basically, where you are the captain of your own ship. No matter what happens outside that ship, you will never be impacted. here are some of the pros and cons
- a VPS can never be affected by a “bad neighbor”. you can on your own world.
- Good privacy.
- You can install reseller control panel (WHM) on it too.
- More flexible in customizing your own enviroment.
- Full root access. Install anything you like, you need as long as you have the resources.
- Greater performance and stability than reseller hosting.