I need a higher version of Zend Optimizer than what is installed on the server. How do I locally install Zend Optimizer?
1. Visit http://www.zend.com/downloads to download latest zend optimizer
2. Extract the files in your local computer. You will find a folder called data. Rename the folder to a more specific name such as zendopt (We will use
this name for the rest of this article).
3. Upload the zendopt folder to public_html.
4. Add following lines to php.ini (create the file if it does not exist):
Note: replace USERNAME with your cpanel username. Please also replace
4_4_x_comp with whatever php version on your server. Zendopt folder contains several folders such as 4_4_x_comp, 5_1_x_comp, and 5_2_x_comp. Please select the closest to your php server.
6. Confirm the zend optimizer has been upgraded by creating a php file with the following line and browse the file on the internet:
<? echo phpinfo(); ?>